Wednesday, May 28, 2014

New Interview of Rob in Hello Magazine

click to view full size


Transcript
Do you like the pressure of Cannes?
Definitely. It’s a different energy and not like a normal premiere, where it’s just friends of the studio or whatever. There’s a very real chance people are going to be vocal about if they like it or not. It’s exciting. I think people are more interested and people talk about the movies afterwards – they’re not just going to the screening so they can go to the party afterwards; they actually want to see it.

In The Rover, your character Rey learns how to shoot. Are you comfortable using guns?
Not really, I’m not that big of a fan. I just think it’s weird people having guns, it’s kind of silly. [Laughs] I mean, I think people should just get rid of them altogether.

How do you feel about violence in films?
I’ve never really liked films that have reveled in violence. I just think it’s kind of gross. I don’t know – I don’t want to see somebody being tortured.

You star alongside Guy Pearce. Was it fun? Was he intimidating?
No – but he’s really strong so when you’re being thrown around, it actually hurts quite a lot. [Laughs] And he was in it the whole time.

He’s recognized as a good actor. Is that important to you when you work?
Yes, 100 per cent. I hear some actors saying they didn’t read reviews or care about it and I just think they are making it up. Everybody cares about whether people think it’s good.

Did you like shooting in the Australian Outback?
I loved it. It’s so strange and there’s nothing for miles and it’s peaceful.

Do you like loneliness and open spaces?
Yeah, I like open spaces. And also incredible stars as well.

Do you get to be alone as much as you want these days?
Yeah. Well, yeah, but not like that, where you are really alone.

Have you finished with blockbusters such as the Twilight Saga?
It’s [just a case of] waiting for the right director. Nothing has come up. That’s not saying I don’t want to do it, but blockbusters take a really long time to shoot as well so I think you have to really, really, really, want to do it. There’s a lot of pressure and you just don’t get that many interesting parts in big movies, especially for young guys. It’s just the same thing every time.

There’s a lot of comic book adaptations at the moment. Is there a character you’d like to play?
I was never really that into comic books when I was a kid so I don’t really have that connection. You also have to work out like tons. It’s just a big hassle. [Laughs]

Can you tell us anything about your new project with Olivier Assayas?
It’s a true story about a bunch of thieves who rob a shop in Chicago without realizing that it’s a front for the Mafia. It’s quite simple story but it’s so densely written and it follows the real story incredibly well. It’s incredibly realistic and real ensemble thing. It’s really cool; really, really cool.

Will that bring you back to Cannes?
Hopefully. It seems like a bit of a Cannes movie but it’s really brutal. But it does feel like a totally un-cliché gangster movie, which is totally difficult do to.

You sang on Twilight and also compose music. Will you release a record one day?
I want to make one, I just don’t know about releasing one. I don’t know, I can’t really deal with criticism very well and I’ve already got it coming from one angle. I don’t feel the need to get it from somewhere else.

Scan thanks to @Gossipgya

3 comments:

Eliz said...

Nice interview and it sound like Rob is living his life his way.

debbie nerissa threet said...

Wonderful <3

Unknown said...

LISTEN TO THIS INTERVIEW. NEW INTERVIEW OF KRISTEN STEWART WITH KCRW PODCAST SLUTSRUNNINGWITHNAILS,---IT MAY TELL RROBERT SECRRET.