Friday, May 23, 2014

Guy Pearce Talks About Rob: "He was lovely and I was so impressed with what he did in the film"

Guy Pearce talked a little about Rob while discussing 'The Rover' with The Daily Beast

Your uneasy relationship with Robert Pattinson jump-starts the narrative.
Yeah, he was lovely and I was so impressed with what he did in the film. I was touched by the vulnerability of his character. He’s almost like a little kid or a vulnerable animal that needs to be looked after. You can’t help but empathize with him. And then it meant that I knew the power that I, as Eric, could exert over him—even in the few first moments when I speak to him. I just let him know that he means nothing to me. I guess I’m trying to deny what he does mean to me and I end up having to take him with me to find his brother. I just have to let him know that he means nothing to me, personally. It’s a way of him asking if we can connect and me more or less responding “absolutely no way.”

You can read Guy's full interview (a very good one) at the source

No comments: