Saturday, March 23, 2013

Stephenie Meyer Talks About Her First Meeting With Rob


For starters, we asked Stephenie her standout memories of the “Twilight” cast. “One of the first is when I first visited the set and I went out to dinner,” she began. “I hadn’t met anyone in the cast. They were coming from dinner and they were delayed. They came straight from a gallery shoot where they were all in character costume, make-up… the whole bit. So the first time I met them, they were dressed up like my imaginary friends. That’s not something you get every day.”

(...)


Stephenie again laughed heartily as she recalled her unforgettable first meeting with Robert Pattinson. “When Rob and I first met, we had lunch together [and] talked about the script. We sat there and argued for a solid hour and a half about the Edward character. And he was really sure I was wrong [in parts]. I was telling him, ‘This is how Edward feels…’ He said, ‘No, this is how he feels here.’ We went back and forth [that way]. It was hilarious and fun.”

Read the full interview at the source


Via

4 comments:

Iluvthemovies said...

I am beginning with a controversial comment, but by no means do I have any hate or disrespect for Stephenie Meyers. I only liked her first book and movie. I loved the premise of a vampire and human girl sitting in a meadow. Other than the sparkling aspect of the storyline, I enjoyed it and I am not ashamed to admit it. However, I was so disappointed with the rest of the Saga. It would be interesting to know what Rob would have added or detracted from his Edward persona. He is very creative, even back when he was filming Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I remember one of the features on the DVD, having Emma Watson state that Rob was writing a script while he was dressed as Cedric. He was shy but confirmed he was writing a script. I hope one day we do have the opportunity to see one of his scripts developed. I know his superstardom is owed to the Twilight Saga and Edward, but I always have the feeling if it was not for Kristen and Catherine he would have passed this up. When I hear his interviews, you can tell he has no big love for the story itself, but he is grateful for the cast and crew. I know many will disagree with me and that is fine, we do not have to like everything that Rob is involved in but at least we are here for our admiration for Rob. So thank you RPL for your site, that has all things Rob related. It has and is a pleasure.

MissWJS said...

I totally agree with you Iluvthemovies. I found the books and, particularly the films after Twilight really disappointing. I love Rob but do feel he ended up a bit trapped.
I'm really looking forward to his new projects.

Unknown said...

I agree too... :)
He always seemed, to me, grateful for the opportunity and all the doors that opened for him to show his skills...
But, I rather think he thought Edward was an idiot... I remember in Eclipse promo he said something about he would have hit Jacob after he kiss Bella, not just pretend everything was good 'cause she "loves him"...
I also want to see something coming out of his mind, BUT without knowing it was him who wrote it... I mean, what you say is true: we don't have to like all he does; admiration is not blind love... Maybe even subconsciously we might fall into prejudice, and that's not honest with him... I think he'd rather honesty than stardom-money in his account...
Maybe a pseudo would be cool for said script... :D... And lock everyone who knows, with a NDA...

No one special said...

Nothing wrong with an honest opinion @iluvthemovies. :)